The Natural Resource Conflict Transformation Center-Nepal (NRCTC-Nepal) is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization dedicated to fostering just and peaceful societies by transforming multistakeholder and interpersonal conflicts using mediation techniques. It is formally working in 21 districts of the country with a motto of "Better Relationship for Sustainable Peace". It has set a goal to reinstate lost smiles and happiness of people by sewing broken hearts of conflicting parties with the needle of dialogue and thread of trust.
Recognized as the best organization in Nepal by the Mediation Council for its outstanding contributions to peacebuilding, NRCTC-Nepal is currently in search of a motivated and skilled Documentation and Communication Officer to join its dynamic team at its head office in Bhaktapur. The Documentation and Communication Officer will play a crucial role in documenting organizational activities, managing communication channels, and supporting the organization in its mission. This is a contract position with a one-year duration and the possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability.
Position: Documentation and Communication Officer
Workstation: NRCTC-N Head Office, Bhaktapur, Nepal
Number of Position: One (1)
Position Type: Contract (1 year) with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 10 November 2023 to 20 November 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Documenting Activities: Record and maintain database of projects, major achievements, and other activities carried out by NRCTC-Nepal.
- Communication: Develop and implement effective communication strategies to promote the organization's work and impact.
- Content Creation: Generate content for reports, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Website Management: Update and maintain the organization's website with current and relevant information.
- Social Media Management: Manage and update NRCTC-Nepal's social media profiles, engage with the online community, and create content to increase our online presence.
- Translation: Translate success stories and other contents from Nepali to English and vice versa.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree Preferred) in Social Studies, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Proven experience in documentation and communication roles, preferably in a nonprofit or development organization.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in digital and social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English and Nepali languages both written and spoken.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV, and a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 20 November 2023, 4:00 PM.
Please include "Application for Documentation and Communication Officer" in the email subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and interview examinations.
NRCTC-Nepal is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We thank all applicants for their interest in NRCTC-Nepal; however, only those selected for written and interview examinations will be contacted.